Saturday, October 12, 2013

Half way there

It is currently 12:46 a.m. and I am sitting in the LAX airport in terminal 7. The flight changes and delays today (or I guess I should say yesterday) got me into LAX at 9:45 pm instead of 7:38 and by the time I was able to find a place that was still open to eat where I wouldn't have to sell my first born for a really sad looking salad the time had ticked away and suddenly it was 11:30 p.m.  I am now lounging on a lovely bench without armrests and switching between catching a couple minutes sleep here and there while listening to some lovely instrumental music, and jerking awake every time they remind me to keep my luggage under control over the speakers and not carry anyone else's luggage, or packages.  I would say that happens every 10 minutes or so!!!! Ugh. Looks like I will be making up for my lack of sleep tomorrow either on the beach or poolside!

At least they don't appear to be washing the carpets or vacuuming any time soon.  Here's hoping that isn't a four in the morning thing at LAX.

1:37 a.m. update:  I was totally off the mark this morning - it was scheduled floor waxing; who'd thunk it.  And I just discovered that my next flight has been changed to Terminal 8 - guess I know where I am wandering off to once my Net Book is fully charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playa del Carmen - Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

October 25 - November 6, 2017 The weather had started to turn, with winds and rains increasing and it seemed like a good time to run a...